Open Water Course
- Two classroom sessions with instructor
- Two pool sessions to practice in-water skills
- Four ocean dives on a local charter boat. NO BEACH OR LAKE DIVES!
- Use of regulator, BCD, tanks, wetsuit and DIVE COMPUTER
- Certification card
- PADI Course materials $146 (see "Course Materials" below)
- Student personal gear - mask, snorkel, fins and weights
- Our students receive at least a 10% discount on any gear purchased.
- Your student discount lasts forever, it's not over at the end of the class!
Learning to scuba dive requires both knowledge development including principles and concepts and dive skills including techniques and methods. You have three options for knowledge development; Elearning, Touch or Traditional. The PADI Elearning and Touch options use videos, audio, graphics and reading to help you learn, plus short quizzes that let you gauge your progress, and then offers a review of anything you happen to miss. You develop dive skills during actual dives with a PADI Instructor at your local PADI Dive Center or Resort. By completing knowledge development through either Elearning or Touch, you’re ready to meet with your instructor and start having fun in the water.
- Elearning : Requires a computer or laptop with Internet access
- Touch : Is tablet based so it's completely mobile. You will need Internet access for the initial download and at the end to upload your work.
- Traditional : Comes with the Open Water Diver manual and DVD. You will need to meet with the instructor to review the book/DVD and take the quizzes and final exam.
- Weeknight Class : Monday through Thursday evenings for classroom and pool dives, Saturday and Sunday mornings for ocean dives
- Weekend Class : Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday mornings for the classroom and pool dives, the next Saturday and Sunday mornings for the ocean dives
- Private Classes : Call the shop to schedule.
A Quick Overview of the Open Water Course
- Step 1 - Academics. Before you get wet you need to learn basic diving concepts. This is accomplished by one of three options; Elearning, Touch or Traditional. There are two classroom sessions, one at the start of the course and one after the pool dives have been completed.
- Step 2 - Pool Dives. In two pool sessions you learn how to assemble and use all the equipment you learned about in Step 1. All of our pool training is done in local community pools.
- Step 3 - Ocean Dives.You take everything you have learned in the first two steps and go diving! All your training dives are done from local dive charter boats here in Fort Lauderdale. No beach dives or lake dives! When you have completed four ocean dives you will receive your PADI Open Water scuba diving certification
Refresher Course $100
If you've been out of the water for a while and need to tune up your dive skills, take our refresher course.
- You'll complete a quick multiple choice test.
- One of our Divemasters will then go into the pool with you to review all the skills from your open water course.
- You'll need your mask, snorkel and fins, we'll provide everything else.
Referral Dives $250
If you've already completed your PADI course work and confined water training elsewhere, we offer the open water dives you need to complete your certification. Boat trips, rental gear (including dive computer) and certification card are included. See our Calendar for upcoming classes to schedule your referral dives.