Open Water Course
- Student Crewpak with manuals and logbook
- Two classroom sessions with instructor
- Two pool sessions to practice in-water skills
- Four ocean dives on a local charter boat. NO BEACH OR LAKE DIVES!
- Use of regulator, BCD, tanks, wetsuit and DIVE COMPUTER
- Certification card
- Student personal gear - mask, snorkel, fins and weights
- Our students receive at least a 10% discount on any gear purchased.
- Your student discount lasts forever, it's not over at the end of the class!
- Weeknight Class : Monday through Thursday evenings for classroom and pool dives, Saturday and Sunday mornings for ocean dives
- Weekend Class : Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday mornings for the classroom and pool dives, the next Saturday and Sunday mornings for the ocean dives
- Private Classes : Call the shop to schedule.
A Quick Overview of the Open Water Course
- Step 1 - Academics. Before you get wet you need to learn basic diving concepts by meeting with the instructor and class members to review home study materials. There are two classroom sessions.
- Step 2 - Pool Dives. In two pool sessions you learn how to assemble and use all the equipment discussed in Step 1. All of our pool training is done in local community pools.
- Step 3 - Ocean Dives.You take everything you have learned in the first two steps and go diving! All your training dives are done from local dive charter boats here in Fort Lauderdale. No beach dives or lake dives! When you have completed four ocean dives you will receive your PADI Open Water scuba diving certification
Refresher Course $100
If you've been out of the water for a while and need to tune up your dive skills, take our refresher course.
- You'll complete a quick multiple choice test.
- One of our Divemasters will then go into the pool with you to review all the skills from your open water course.
- You'll need your mask, snorkel and fins, we'll provide everything else.
Referral Dives $250
If you've already completed your PADI course work and confined water training elsewhere, we offer the open water dives you need to complete your certification. Boat trips, rental gear (including dive computer) and certification card are included. See our Calendar for upcoming classes to schedule your referral dives.